Family!
Thank you so much for the emails! I have a little more time
to email in the mission field, but it would be great if you could send them in
letters from now on. Thank you!
It was so good to talk to most of you on the phone the other
day. Jackson and Haley, I really did try to call you, but it just didn't work.
I'm sending a letter to Haley that will explain what happened. Basically,
calling cards suck.
First off, my address is:
8510 Westlake Drive #8510-11
White Settlement, TX 76108
Michelle Willes, yes, I am indeed in White Settlement. When
my companion first told me that's where we were headed I immediately thought of
you and the little bit of research you did about my mission. :) Apparently it's
named that because it was one of the only cities, when Texas was first being
established, that was only white people. No intentional racism, it just
happened haha.
All letters sent to that address will be sent directly to my
apartment. You can send stuff to the mission office (the one in Euless) but
I'll only usually get things from there at like zone or district meetings, etc.
The mission field so far has been great! We had a true Texas
meal the first night at the mission home and it was DELICIOUS! We've been fed
really well by members too. We have a member taking us to Chili's for lunch,
and then to the stock yards today. I'm not exactly sure what the stock yards are,
but apparently there are a lot of cows and it's the thing to see in Fort Worth.
I'll let you know how that goes next week.
I'm in a trio again. Sister Tullis is from Orem, and Sister
Karratti is from Pleasant Grove. Karratti is in fact pronounced karate and the
counselor in the bishopric that introduced us on Sunday said, "Isn't it so
cool that you can all say you know Karratti now?" Haha it was pretty
funny. :)
There is a LOT for me to learn, but my companions are so
patient and helpful! Sister Tullis is probably only here to train us in the
area until Wednesday, but Sister Karratti has been out for over a year so she
knows very well what to do. I do not like tracting and street contacting--it's
so awkward!--but it's getting easier, and we've actually gotten a few return
appointments from it so far. We'll see how they go this week. I'm still trying
to get into the swing of things, like jogging at 6:30 AM and being super busy
all day, but it'll come. We've met some super awesome people, and the ward is
super supportive.
We have to run to go shopping before lunch and the stock
yards, but I'll try and be more detailed next week. :)
I LOVE YOU ALL!
Love,
Love,
Mal
P.S. Tell Hilary CONGRATULATIONS ON HER MISSION CALL! I'll
finish writing her letter later today, but that might take a few days to get to
her. Haley, give her a big hug for me please. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment