Lately I've realized quite a few things that I miss. Quick list?
1. Personal space: I love being up at college and I love my roommates, but I love my own space and time just as much. I haven't had to share a room for 9 months and now I've moved into a room smaller than mine at home but I have to share it with someone? Kaitlin knows I love her, but she also knows I miss having floor space to throw my laundry on when I just can't put it away right now. I miss my queen size bed with foot space at the end (I don't miss the mattress though. That thing is a rock!) I miss being able to stay up as late as it took to accomplish everything and not having to worry about disturbing someone else. *sigh...
2. Writing: I get to do it again!! I don't miss timed essays and that kind of stuff, but creative writing and stuff that makes you think beyond analyzing a book. I now have my beloved blog (Yes Jess, I admit it. I do like it now. No more hard feelings :)) to dump whatever thoughts I feel like into it. BUT! I'm also in English 2010: Research Writing in a Persuasive Mode. That sounds super lame and a lot like essays. Which it is. But my teacher rocks! (Thank you Rachel!) We've had a few writing assignments so far that I've really enjoyed. The first one was about getting to know our own writing style and was very freestyle. The second one was our World View sketch. It was just the very, very first draft but it's about something we care about. We got to pick a topic that we want to write about and it doesn't have to be a political issue of any sort. Our big project of the semester is our PRE (Persuasive Research Essay.) The World View essay isn't necessarily a precursor to it, but I'm using it as one. One guy wrote his about picking your nose in public and why it should be acceptable to do so. Kaitlin is writing hers on kissing. I wanted to do something random and "out there" too... but I just couldn't come up with something I was that interested in. So I decided on the importance of arts and creativity in education. I know. Stereotypical for an ELED major... But it's something I care about and I feel like it'll be easier to write about than something else like immigration laws or the oil spill. I started writing a few nights ago - just the intro - but I'm really excited to get back into it.
3.Dancing: Especially this summer during So You Think You Can Dance. Those darn people make it look so easy! There's also a lot of songs that just make me want to dance. Maybe I'll burst eventually, but for now I just miss it.
4. SO many people: Melissa. I miss having you close enough that we could walk to meet up with each other. Then continue walking just cuz it's what we do. End up at a park until midnight or later. Running thru random sprinklers. Tie dye at midnight. Painting peacocks. Ricky. I got two letters from him this past week (one was cuz he forgot a picture in the first one and then had more stories to tell me) and I really just miss talking to him. He and I are the same person in so many ways. Jenna. Who else can I crafterize with EVERY night? I miss those late summer nights in aprons and all the photo shoots. The fact that she's someone I can talk to about absolutely everything proves that she's my second sister. Haley. I LOVE all her crazy stories and even crazier descriptions. I miss her clothes. Pestering her about boys and making her talk about them. Our Sunday morning fights cuz it's the only time we had em. Driving around and jamming out so we didn't waste the song. Andrew, Jackson, and Spencer: I bonded with those boys this summer! Drew is funny. Like really funny. I want him to get a cell phone so I can talk to him more. Jack and I are buddies now. He'll actually talk to me and give me hugs! I love his Bucky Kentucky teeth and when he pounces on my back. Spanky is definitely the baby of the family and he still tries to work it. He's a cuddler though and I kinda don't mind it. I don't enjoy him pouncing on my back so much; he hasn't quite mastered the black hops like Jack has. Mom. I had so much fun painting and putting my desk together with her. Maybe we can start our own Whimsy up one day? :) Dad/Dick Dawg. He's my favorite dork. That's all there is to it. I miss the familiarity with all these people, and many others. Meeting new people is great and all, but it's nice to have people to fall back on but they don't feel like you're using them last minute. I miss the Owen boys that I babysat. They're a crazy quartet, but I love em! I miss the whole Cannon family. Their visit was by far the best 3 weeks of my summer.
I don't want this to sound all negative, Debbie Downer. I love school! I love Logan with all my heart - I can't wait for all the leaves to start changing! My roommates are great! I love being in the building next to Jess, Taylor, and Michelle and having them in my ward! I love that Tim and Phil are within walking distance and that they invite me to waffle parties! I really, honestly love it! I just went back into my bubble this summer and I have to re-expand it again...Here it goes!

5 comments:
Should I be offended that your real sister was listed after you adopted sister? cuz i start to get offeneded then read the part about boys and get embarrassed and forget.
HA! This was a quick list??
Wow Mal - Thanks for the invite. We'll love keeping up with you and all that is going on in your life and in your head.
We love you. Stay away from any Frankfurt Germany returned missionaries until you check in with us.
no one should be offended by the fact i'm before Haley. i know you like me better anyway...JUST KIDDING. i like you kindof a lot. and i'm so freaking excited for you to come home and we can talk about our blogs:) haha...like 27 year old married women. haha.
ps. i ALMOST teared up at you mentioning me. almost...:)
I'm glad that you have found enjoyment in this blog. Writing is my stress reliever too! And I've missed my blog terribly...hence why I finally got a post in tonight!
Guess what? I'm writing my Persuasive Essay on pretty much the exact same topic as you...except it needs refinement. :) Haha. Too cool Mal. Too cool.
And just to mention, I love this post. It's a deeper insight into my dear friend that lives next door. I'm so happy that you live right there. Things could not have worked out any better.
Post a Comment