I've been feeling a little guilty and lame about how negative my last post was. So this one is ONLY positive! Wooty woot! ("When I say wooty, you say woot. Wooty!" "Woot! Poned. Meow!")
First simple pleasure: Logan. This week is officially freezing, but it's so dang pretty up here! I'm always in awe of all the trees and overall beautiful campus. Winter is definitely on its way, but so far I'm very much enjoying the leaves. My favorite view? Right out the front door of our apartment. Just across the street, around The Spectrum parking lot and surrounding our mascot statue, are trees of every shape, size, and color. Walking home from class is worth it just to walk past that area.
Second: Leaves! Oh the joy that fills my soul when I find a pile of leaves to run and kick through. I'm so glad that my roommates delight in such a childish activity as well. And thank heavens for the leaves that pile on the lawn around our apartment! I walked home through the cemetery today (It sounds morbid and uncomfortable, I know. I thought so too at first. Then I walked through it all year last year. I LOVE it!) and had to work really hard to restrain myself from running between head stones and kicking through heaps of giant golden leaves. Just my quick little detour made me giddy inside! So giddy that it couldn't be contained and I was smiling the whole way through. Dorky, noobish loser status, I'm aware, but I couldn't help it and I'm not ashamed of it!
Next: Staying up late. It makes it extremely difficult for me to get out of bed in the morning, but that's always difficult :) We just have so much fun in our apartment! Lots of movies and card games, but even better is all the laughter and awesome conversation. We've talked about everything from feminism to global warming to birth control to desired attributes in a potential spouse. All of these topics are strangely quite common in good ol' C1 actually...
Cuatro: Being surrounded by great friends whom I love and respect. My roommates have once again become great friends! I've learned so much from all of them. (They'll all be spotlighted in an upcoming post.) Plus, all our new friends--Cody, David B., Tyler, Jeremy, Colton, David F., Kyle, Stephen, Reese. (Notice how we only really hang out with guys? Unintentional, I swear!)
There have been plenty of little things I've noticed and found more appreciation for lately, but these are the major ones that come to mind. In honor of Thanksgiving, there will be more gratitude to come! For now, this is my proof that life is good!

1 comment:
Haha, now I've officially read it. :)
I love you Mallory, just saying. And I agree with all of the above. :) Except it's snowing outside and I'm fairly sure that all of the leaves will be covered in short order...
Post a Comment