During Derek's talk I looked next to me on the bench and saw Ariel writing a list of all the things she was grateful for. I LOVE making those lists so I started one of my own. The remainder of this post will be comprised of that list and its continuation.
V[ery] I[mportant] P[eople]
Mom and her influence on me and my life. According to the topics of my English papers this year, she's kind of a big deal to me :)
Dad and his example of a worthy Priesthood holder and for teaching me to always be grateful. Every little girl wants to marry her dad. I still do.
Haley-her stories, example and friendship. It kinda rocks my world that I get to be with one of my best friends for eternity.
Drew and his example, as the oldest boy in the family, of worthily holding and honoring the Priesthood. Plus, he's pretty hilarious.
Jackson-His stubborn attitude that is finally softening. And that he has become my bud.
Spencer and his childlike desire to be everyones friend and making me feel so very loved.
Grandpa Jack and his simple, but profound testimony. Plus, his jokes and Donald Duck voice are pretty great.
Grandma Gwen and her individual interest in each of us.
Papa Joe and his patient but hard-working nature.
Chad-the uncle who's more like an older brother with college advice and a common love of FRIENDS.
Amy-her busy, productive lifestyle and wondrous library of books.
Finley and Tucker- These two never cease to make me happy!
Kaitlin and her constant striving to do and be better. She's curious and always looking to learn.
Brinlee and her ever apparent testimony. She reads her scriptures and says her prayers EVERY night. Even after she had fallen asleep on the couch I'm pretty sure!
Ariel and her happy, humble attitude.
Aubree and her unceasing care and kindness.
Amy and her spacey, random involvement in C1 life.
Melissa-You're getting your own post. You require more than a little tid bit.
Ricky and the weird things we have in common that make us "twins."
Jenna for being my second sister and being able to talk about absolutely anything and everything with me.
Cody and our instant [best] friendship.
Tyler- I don't think I've ever met anyone more innocent and genuine. Or who turns red as often or as quickly.
Colton- who may have special interest in one roommate in particular, but cares about the other 5 of us.
Taylor- her intense sense of self, brain full of endless knowledge, and love of all things princess.
Jess and her strong, independent, purely optimistic attitude.
Michelle-the ultimate example of hard work and dedication.
Rachel-I don't think there was ever a more perfect first-semester-of-college roommate. She reminded me how much I love dressing up!
these are a few of my favorite things.
color. especially purple. my monster blanket and any other source of warmth. Logan. movies. late nights. Ice cream. Fall leaves. Flowers. Fresh snow. Warm rain. Dance. Music. Phones. Facebook. Skype. Good food. Books and reading. Education. Temples. Hula hoops. Crayons. Mirrors. Toilets. Lotion. Bread. Tie dye taco Tuesday. Talents. Peanut Butter. Pillows. Holidays. Water. Pictures and memories. Paper. Crafterizing. Home.
I fell asleep last night and woke up this morning in the same state:
overwhelmed with gratitude.
I'm so unbelievably blessed and don't know what I did to deserve it. Thank you to any and all of you who have been a part of my life. I love where I am in life and wouldn't be there without you.
Thank you.
I fell asleep last night and woke up this morning in the same state:
overwhelmed with gratitude.
I'm so unbelievably blessed and don't know what I did to deserve it. Thank you to any and all of you who have been a part of my life. I love where I am in life and wouldn't be there without you.
Thank you.

3 comments:
This...was. so. stinkin. inspiring. I love it! And I love you a whole lot. I think my favorite part is the fact that you're grateful for toilets. It made me laugh and then I realized...I'm stinkin' grateful for those things, too!
Thanks for reminding me.
:)
You are so sweet Mal! So optimistic and happy and you always lift me when I'm having a sad day. I'm grateful for Mallory! I love your list of things, and I did laugh when you said toilets. :) I loved hula hoops though because that is one thing that perfectly fits you Mal. :) I wish I could hula hoop... you might have to teach me to do that too... I love you. Just sayin.
Mal. I love the design of your blog! It is so completely you, and I must say, my entire class is jealous of your creative designing. Honestly though. I love you! And holy hannah when did we become full fledged bloggers?
Post a Comment