This post, my dear friends, is a tribute to my favorite sister.
Haley (Uvada) Goaslind
![]() |
| My cheeser smile = excited to have a new little sister. |
![]() |
| Mom liked big bows. |
![]() |
| Sisterly love--in our African garb. |
After sharing a room basically all our our lives, we... started to like each other less. The summer before I started 7th grade we moved and we finally got our own rooms. That was a good thing for us I think. We had a few years of not really getting along all the great, just tolerating each other a lot of the time. Once we both got to junior high though that greatly improved!
My sixth grade year was the last time we were in the same school together until I was a senior in high school. It was weird being in the same school again after that long! I'm gonna be honest, I didn't love it at first. I was jealous. Haley is so fun and easy-going that everyone loved her immediately! But don't worry, that quickly died down. We became best friends! I learned to love having her around. We became friends with each others' friends, we got to go to New York on Choir tour together, and once we even went in the same dance group (and we asked brothers. Cool, huh?)
![]() |
| Choir together senior/sophomore year; how we asked to Sweethearts On choir tour in NY; on our way to pick up our Sweethearts dates |
![]() |
| We make really cute faces most of the time. |
![]() |
| The top right picture is a classic. Yes, I got a gutter ball off the kiddie rail. These are our genuine reactions. |
My favorite of these college experiences was when Kaitlin put on a Murder Mystery dinner. We just invited people we knew would be fun, without really worrying about number of girls vs. guys. If you've ever been part of a Murder Mystery dinner, you know it's set up to be gender equal so it can be used for a group date. We decided, for our first experience doing one on our own, that we'd make it a little less stressful by picking only the fun people. Kaitlin, Hilary, and I were all there, plus my old crazy roommate Ariel--it's not a real party without Ariel. :) And we had three guys in mind. Then we decided to invite Jenna and Haley. They were pretty much attached at the hip so we couldn't invite one without the other. But, they're both fun so that was okay. Well, as you can tell, we definitely had more girls than guys. How do we fix this problem? One of the girls has to be a guy. Who was the most obvious choice? Haley. Yep, instead of dressing up like a 1930's flapper like the rest of us, Haley dressed like a mob man. And looked like a champ!
![]() |
| How many people do you know that could pull that off? Really though. |
Along with being sisters and best friends comes supporting and celebrating each other. We sat through each others high school graduations (a.k.a. torture) and love celebrating our birthdays together. I made an effort to get home for my birthday weekends since I've been in college, as well as hers. And let's be honest, they've been great! What 20 year old goes to the Justin Bieber movie to celebrate her sister's 18th birthday? Oh wait, this post is about Haley... Who celebrates their 18th birthday by seeing the Justin Bieber movie in 3D and a trip to Color Me Mine? Haley does! She's a winner! We also like dressing up to go to dinner and having rave parties with facials on.
![]() |
| Haley, remember your ugliest dog in the world picture? Well, the facial one is coming pretty close. |
Some fun facts about Haley:
She loves being tan.
She loves the color pink.
She hates reading.
She LOVES love.
She has daddy long legs.
She loves scarves.
She is always cold.
She has recently discovered a love of crafterizing.
She likes about ten foods and two of them are meatloaf and broccoli.
She's a choir nerd.
She's a Masta Puka--the slightest gag and she's throwing up.
She hates math.
She loves teddy bears and dogs.
She loves Paris.
She's had strep throat more times in the past year than I've had my whole life.
She's terrified of earthquakes.
She has a split uvula.
She sings like an angel.
She taught herself to play the piano.
She has a very specific way of sleeping--lots of blankets and laying on her side.
She loves spearmint gum.
She hates the sound of people chewing.
She has perfect teeth without braces.
*Now let the cheesiness ensue...
Haley is one of the easiest people to be around because she's so fun and laid back; It's hard not to like her. But beyond being fun and lovable, Haley is an extremely hard worker. When she has something to do, she gets it done immediately. I've always admired this about her, especially in comparison to my professional procrastination abilities. Somehow she has figured out the balance between fun-loving and hard-working. Envy. I love that Haley is so honest and straight forward. She does have a hard time sharing her feelings, but she's getting better! And she's even learned how to cry in the past year. I'm so proud. Haley makes everyone around her comfortable, welcome, and happy. She thinks she's super awkward and doesn't know how to talk to people. But really, I feel like she's the opposite.
So, in conclusion, you should all be jealous that I have such an amazingly superstarous, whimsically unequaled, enchantingly dashing, staggeringly delightful, fantastically majestic, and tenaciously stellar sister. Haley, I love you and hope you've had the best birthday week ever! :)
![]() |
| We do actually look cute sometimes. |











2 comments:
Awwww Seester. This is cute. And I love all of it. Thank you for blogging and for making it about me. I love you. :)
LOVE. We do like Haley. And sisters really do make the best best friends.
Post a Comment