Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Dear Boys of my past

This post is inspired by this girls weekly post. Then my sister joined the fun and wrote one of her own. Elise's are always fun to read, but reading Haley's, when I knew all the boys, was even better. So now you get to enjoy mine.

Dear Birthday twin,
You had a crush on me starting in kindergarten. Ah young love! I think I remember liking you for a little while too. Maybe? At some point we became friends on Facebook and realized we were both going to Utah State. You tried multiple times to try and hang out. I ditched you every time. One time was for an "emergency girls night" which "you totally understood because you have 6 sisters." Sorry bout that!
Love, Mallory

Dear Savage Garden,
We were best friends in early elementary school, but yet again, you were in love with me and the feelings were not reciprocated. You sang this classic song to me on the swings. My girl best friend got jealous and hated me for a couple days. Another time you even proposed to me with a ring made of Lego's and a rose. I scoffed and threw it on the ground. I'm sorry I was such a brutal little 7 year old.
Love, Mal

Dear New Kid,
Every girl in the second grade fell immediately in love with you when you moved into our class. I was convinced you liked me because I caught you in kissing tag. Twice.
Love, I miss tether ball

Dear Sk8er boi,
This time I was the new kid in school. And you were the bad boy. Or at least as "bad" as you can get in 4th grade. I think we secretly liked each other for a little while. Nothing every came of it, unfortunately.
Love, See ya later boi

Dear Polo boy,
I didn't realize you knew I existed until you gave me a bag of tootsie rolls on the way out of school one day. You stood outside the doors and ran away as soon as I took them. Then we were in the same class the next year, and Mrs. Wall made sure to tease us for being in love. Mostly you though, thankfully. When we had a pajama party I brought my beloved Stevie. You got him taken away and had to vacuum the room after the party to earn him back for me. So romantic. Then I saw you a few years later at the pool where you life guarded. That was awkward.
Love, you're still beautiful

Dear Cable,
Remember when Mrs. Smith said your name wrong and it stuck? I'm sorry that you liked me and I never liked you back. I think you were eternally friend-zoned even back in 6th grade. You were one of my best friends though!
Love, Mal

Dear 7th grade president,
I had a mad crush on you in 7th grade. It died off in 8th grade, and I think you had a crush on me in 9th grade. You asked me to dance at the 9th grade dance and it really wasn't as awkward as you thought it was.
Love, Mallory

Dear Lagoon boy,
We weren't friends until like the last week of 9th grade, and I'm still sad about that to this day. You would've made a great first boyfriend if we had gone to the same high school.
Love, I hate moving.

Dear Caesar,
I'm not sure why I ever liked you. I think I thought I liked the "bad boy" thing. But you were a poser bad boy. But a real life jerk. Soon after realizing you were a jerk, my partner dropped out of the 9th grade play and Ginger partnered me with you as a replacement. That was dramatic.
Love, Too good for you

Dear Lax bro,
My obsession began at Youth Conference when our wards combined down at BYU. My wardie friends and I made up code names and took stalker pictures of you. I did many a drive-by and had a regular detour past your house when I was on my to or from anywhere. We then officially met at another stake activity and you asked for my number. I was ecstatic! And awkward. A few months later, you asked me on my first date. I about wet my pants when you called me! (It didn't help that I was on my way to chop my hair off for Locks of Love, and you just happened to be in the car behind me.) I was probably the most awkward date known to man. Seriously. I'm sorry it didn't work out.
Love, your stalker.

Dear Sizzle Boy,
Thank you for being my first real guy friend at Brighton! You were, and still are, so easy to talk to. Even after two years, we can still talk as if it all happened yesterday. I'm sorry that I always laughed (on the inside, of course) when you found your flirt stance against the lockers. I was never really interested. Homecoming was fun though! Thanks for asking me and not 'Bridget.'
Love, Cuddle Buddy

Dear Hercules,
I still regret not wanting to be your girlfriend in high school. I'm stubborn, okay? I regret even more not realizing that you were gonna kiss me in the tree house. That would've been a way better first kiss than at my door step 2 years later. (It was probably for the better though. I took the ACT the next morning and there's NO WAY I would've done as well as I did had you kissed me.) Thanks for trying and sticking around anyway. I would still marry you for your family...
Love, Giggly Boots

Dear Noobie,
Oh you were fun to mess with! You are musically talented and I took advantage of that by making you learn songs for me. 'Everything' by Michael Buble was "our song" supposedly. The only lyrics that really fit our relationship were, "And you play it coy, but it's kinda cute. Ah, When you smile at me you know exactly what you do." I did know what I was doing. I was messing with you. But it's okay because remember how you wrote a song about me after you realized I was messing with you? Yeah, I was never depressed that you stopped liking me.
Love, Your Muse


Dear "Josh,"
Remember when you asked me to homecoming, but the alarm didn't go off at midnight? Instead, it went off at noon. You were really awkward that day at school. My grandma would still be overjoyed if we dated or married, but you're dating one of my favorite people and I think I like that better.
Love, Cinderella


Dear August Rush,
You were my first college crush. You're what every freshman girl thinks she wants: a tall, dark, and handsome soccer player that plays guitar and loves his mom. Turns out you're just a dramatic soul searcher. You were fun to flirt with though.
Love, Mal


Dear Boy Next Door,
So... we dated. You were my first "official boyfriend." You were my first kiss. You took a long time to hold my hand even though I made it really easy. You... were boring. Sorry. And your compliments made me want to kick puppies! Work on your sincerity. Kthanks.
Love, Mal


Dear John Deere,
If anyone knows the meaning of persistence, it's you. You would not give up on me! You did all the right things, like bringing me flowers for no reason and taking me to do things you loved, but I wasn't interested. I never really was, but you did a good job making me think I was. 
Love, I DON'T like cows.



3 comments:

Unknown said...

Love me some Savage Garden. Thanks for linking up! Also, Utah State? I feel like we should be friends.

Taylor said...

I love this mallory!!! Sorry that I'm reading it,... two months after the fact. :) You are so adorable it's no WONDER that so many boys were in love with you. They were powerless against your Hawaiian princess good looks! I miss you friend. :)

A Spinster's Dating Encyclopedia said...

I love this!