Family! Hello. How is Utah? I hear that the weather isn't
quite so terrible and snowy anymore? I hope so. We have had beautiful weather
in Texas this past week. And we broke out our bikes! It was terrible and
awesome at the same time. The first time we rode them was at night, so guess
what Sister Karratti and I had to keep us safe... Reflective vests! Oh good
heavens, it was hilarious! I had mine courtesy of Amy Borland and the bike
safety kit she gave me. (Thank you Amy!) We mentioned that to a member when we
were eating at their house, and she happened to have a vest that she wasn't
using anymore. Perfect. Sister Gentry still doesn't have one, but we're working
on it. I forgot how uncomfortable bike seats are, until the day after we first
rode. Extremely uncomfortable. But I guess I'll survive. We meant to take
pictures in all of our gear, but were too hot and tired when we got home. I
promise to send some when we remember to take pictures though. :) Considering
how lovely the weather has been this week and it's only March, I'm getting more
and more nervous about how hot the summer is going to be... I promise I will
survive it, but I'm going to make sure and enjoy this weather now a little bit
extra. :)
Guess who I saw on Friday... Actually, you already know so
you won't have to guess... The FORSGRENS! Normally we aren't there at night,
but that day we had a meeting and then went and did some yard work for a
less-active member, so we didn't get our studies in in the morning. Apparently,
for most missionaries, when that happens you just skip studies. But because
Sister Gentry and I are being trained, we have to get our companionship study
in everyday. So we came home from the yard work and had dinner. We were just
about to start studying and someone knocks on the door. That is not a common
occurence for us. The only times we have had people come to our door, were
members who were dropping food off to us and we knew they were coming, zone
leaders, and we had Jehovah's Witness missionaries show up one morning. So, we
all kind of looked at each other in shock and Sister Karratti looked out the
peep hole. She didn't recognize them, but she answered the door. Kyle said
hi to Sister Karratti, and at first she said it was kind of weird that they
knew her name, then realized she was wearing her tag... Then Angi asked
for me. I immediately recognized her voice and ran to the door. We hugged and
talked for a little bit, and they're taking us to dinner on Friday. It was a
little weird to see family in a mission environment, but it was good
nonetheless. They brought us a bag of candy and snacks. Half of it is gone
already. We had the candy all sitting out on the counter, and decided that
after we ate so much of it so fast that we had to put it in a less convenient
spot. Don't worry, I'm planning on buying lots of fruts and vegetables today.
I'll stay healthy. Thank you Forsgrens for stopping by! It was good to see you
guys. :)
The reason we were all in sweats when the Forsgrens came was
because we had been doing yard work that day. We actually had a lot of little
service projects this week. We like any excuse to put pants on. Just kidding!
That's just a bonus. This week was Spring Break, so there weren't as many
people home. So we picked a couple people who we thought might need some help
and visited them. It feels good to do those kinds of things, even if most of it
was yard work. :)
And one more random tid bit, yesterday was ward conference
for us, so the bishop and the stake president spoke in sacrament meeting. I
didn't realize until Bishop got up into his "stance" that he reminds
me of dad. He stands just like dad at the pulpit! Leaning on one elbow. The two
of you have different interests, but your sense of humor is pretty similar. So
yes, that was funny to realize. :)
Well, I love you all! I hope you're still happy and healthy.
Well, I love you all! I hope you're still happy and healthy.
Love,
Sister Goaslind

No comments:
Post a Comment