HI family!
Haley, thank you for getting those addresses for me!
Hopefully I"ll be able to write them all soon. I think I got mom's letter
on a Thursday? I don't know when she sent it, but I'm pretty sure it was a
Thursday when I got it. Maybe Friday...
So! This week. I am in a trio again! I haven't learned
enough from this experience apparently. :) The new companion is Sister Gentry,
and she is 19. She's from FIlmore, Utah and very sweet. She looks just like
Taylor Swift! Sister Karratti are getting used to her... She's super nice, but
very indecisive and it's a little frustrating that she just never makes her own
decisions. She's learning though! We will make a decisive person out of her!
Along with an added companion, we now have another set of missionaries in our
ward/area. They're elders, and it has been great so far! We've been driving them
around a lot over the past couple days to try and help them figure things out.
(They're taking half of our area, so we were showing them around and driving
them to go shopping and such today.) Elder Jansen is from Boise, and Elder
Harris-Coons is from Tuscon. Elder Jansen is hilarious! We have multiple quotes
from him on our quote door. One of them is from the other night. We went out to
dinner with them because 1) they had NO food in their new apartment so they had
no other option, and 2) we were explaining some of the area to them and giving
them all of their paperwork for the area. We went to Braums again, and Elder
Jansen said, "Don't get a shake: good for the lips, not for the
hips." He's just always funny. Elder Harris-Coons has a really deep
voice... and makes bird noises... and talks a lot in accents. They're great! :)
The day of transfers, they have a meeting where you go and
meet your companion/pick up the newbie. Since we're now in a trio, our zone
leaders told us that I didn't need to be at the meeting, and should find a
member to do an exchange with. Luckily, we know one! Her name is Rachel, and
she has her call to go to Colorado in April so she likes coming out with us to
get some practice. She spent the whole first half of the day with me. We studied,
and then tried to go visit a few people. No one asnwered. Then she really
wanted Subway, and it was lunchtime so we stopped there. (P.S. It's Febru-any,
so any foot long is only $5, so that meant adding bacon was free! In case you
were wondering... Haha) After that, we knew we probably wouldn't have very much
longer until Sister Karratti and the newvbie (aka Sister Gentry) would be back,
but we had to keep working. Which meant we had to tract. We kind of stalled a
little bit, wondering if there was ANYTHING we could do instead. There wasn''t.
So we picked a street and just started. We knocked on a few doors, but only one
person answered. When we got back in the car to head back, I told Rachel that
God was watching out for us: He knew we were both terrified to be tracting so
He helped us pick a street where only ine person would answer, and she was
nice. :)
This week has been a weird one for teaching, because it was
transfers and our area got split. We did some tracting in a trailer park--don't
worry is in the middle of the day, we're safe. We have one day a week that is a
no car day, so we walked to an appointment with a recent convert named Rachel.
At the end of the lesson we always ask if there's anything we can do for them,
or if they have any service we can do for them. She mentioned that she owns a
little house that she rents, and the old tenants had just left so she needed to
finish sweeping it out. We offered to go do it, but didn't realize she thought
we were offering to do it right then. So, we got to walk down the street
carrying a broom and dustpan! We got some weird looks, but it was a good conversation
starter with people on the street.
I promise to have more teaching stories next week! We're at
a new library this week, and the computers are terrible!! If my
spelling/grammar/punctuation use are terrible, it's because the typing on this
screen is really hard to read. Sorry, I hope you can read it. I love you
all!
Haley, you can email me pictures. If you print off some
pictures later, you can send em to me then, but just email them to me so I can
see them please.:)
Drew, how was sweethearts?! Remember how you're turning 16
in like two weeks?! CRAZY! You're so... old!
Mom, did you get a new calling yet? How was St.George?
Okay, they're waiting for me to go. I LOVE YOU!
Love,
Mal

No comments:
Post a Comment