Thursday, February 28, 2013

Week of Valentines Day {Pictures!}


Hello family!
It sounds like you're all enjoying a fabulous long weekend. Haley, will you please send me pictures of your formal birthday dinner with the boys? Boys, since when do you all have bow ties? Did you borrow some of Jareds? Mom and dad, you can go out of town over the weekend of my 24th (What the heck?! THAT feels like vomit coming out.) birthday, right after I get home, so the boys can take me to dinner. :) I realized last night that, mom, you, Shauna, and Karrie were all bonding over your missionaries. I hope Cooks have heard from Little Rich by now. He's probably loving it, I'm sure.

This week has been pretty average for us. We did find out that come Wednesday (transfer day) our companionship is becoming a tri-panionship; we have nicknamed the newbie, Sister "The Magnificent." Sister Karratti nicknamed me Sister Incredible and has given each of her trainees a similar name. It's pretty funny to talk about her. :) I have some pictures I'm going to attach that will come with little stories, but my favorite story of the week, unfortunately does not include any pictures. We have had two different member families take us out to two different Mexican restaurants this week. The first one was with the Clays. She's the one that somehow got in contact with you and got the recipe for my favorite meal? When I found out she did that I was really excited! We ate with them on Tuesday, so I was all excited to have a meal from home on Haley's birthday. We forgot to confirm dinner with them until it was too late to marinate and get everything ready, so they took us to their favorite Mexican restaurant. I got fajitas, which is what I would have gotten at Chili's if we had eaten out on Haley's birthday. :) ANYWAY! On Thursday, we had dinner with the Curtis'. When we called to confirm that dinner, they asked if they could pick us up at 3:00. 3:00 for dinner! WHAT?! Haha luckily we had a lesson scheduled, so we pushed it off for 3:30... They wanted to take us out, but since it was Valentines day, they wanted to beat the rush. Normally as missionaries, we have dinner at 5:00, which is already pretty early, but they wanted to be extra sure that we would beat the rush. It was pretty weird having a meal at snack time, but the food was super good! And, she gave Sister Karratti and I each a turquoise bracelet. So that was pretty nice. We are still kind of in awe that that really happened, but you take what you can get I guess. :)
 Sister Karratti and I working hard to try and keep investigators progressing. We set baptism dates, but we haven't had anyone make it yet because we can't get them to attend church. It's hard to motivate them, but we're still trying! Hopefully being in a tri-panionship will add some power and convince people to come. :)
I love being a missionary, so thanks for letting me come! I hope you're all healthy and happy. I love you all!!!!
Love,
Mal

This is the wall by my desk. Thank you to Taylor, Claire and Olivia Borland, Spencer, and Hilary for adding some color and fun to my wall. :)

I tossed this paper over to Sister Karratti and it landed standing up! We were both amazed, so it had to be documented.

Also, this Wednesday, our ward/area is being split. Since we found that out, we've been going through our area book and such, to hand over half of it to the elders, and this is the package we're handing over. We will become Chapel Creek West, and the elders coming in will be Chapel Creek East. We're both pretty excited about the High School Musical reference, and we're just hoping the elders get as much of a kick out of it. :)

And lastly, this is my planner for the transfer. Everybody decorates their planners here! It was fun to have a little craft time, and I love having Sawyer on the cover. Amy, thanks for having cute kids and taking pictures of them to share.

We decided to document our Valentines celebration. Thank you, mom, for providing us with one!

hi :) this is Sister Karratti! I love Sister Goaslind so much! Thank you for the Valentine cookies, they were absolutely delicious!!! i hope you have a wonderful week!

Love, Sister Karratti :)








No comments: