*Mal is SO EXCITED!!!! Because I (Haley) have decided to serve a mission and shared the news in email this week*
Hello family!
This will probably be short, because I just got done
emailing Haley! SO EXCITED!!! I'll try and think of suggestions to help her
prep, but you'll be great Haley!
This week for me has been pretty mellow. Sister Karratti has
been sick, and so we've taken everything really slow. Normally, we make
appointments and if they ever fall through, we have back up plans and back up
plans for our back up plans, or tracting and contacting is always a back up.
But, since she's been sick we've taken it slow and have come in early most
nights to get extra sleep. We're still working, don't worry, and I'm not sick, but
it's just been a slower week. Sister Karratti and I have bonded though! She
calls me her counselor, because she has been talking through everything with me
this week, and my logical brain has helped her come up with solutions
apparently. It's great. I already know we'll be best friends after the mission.
Our conversations go a lot like my conversations with Melissa have always
gone... Sometimes scattered, but somehow it all makes sense to us haha. We
haven't heard anything about Mary this week... We need to go see Rachel soon,
so we'll talk to her about Mary. Thanks for all your prayers in her behalf! I
know she'll find missionaries again when she's ready for it. One of the people
we met because of her cancelled baptism is Max. He's 21, lives with his sister,
and is from Ethiopia. He has the coolest accent! We've met with him a few
times, and he's very willing to talk and always welcomes us back. He tried to
come to church yesterday, but got lost trying to find the building. I felt bad,
but he wasn't mad about it or anything so I think he'll try again next week. He
has a hard time accepting the fact that he needs to be baptized again. He
brought up the verse that says, "One Lord, one faith, one baptism."
which is true! We just need to help him understand the priesthood, and that
it's one baptism with that authority. Hopefully we'll be able to get that
through to him this week.
So, I don't really have any crazy stories from this week,
but there is one person you need to know about: Donald.
We actually met him my first night in the area. He came to a
lesson with us, and whenever ward members found out that he was the first
person we met they all apologized haha. He's a character... He's a Sunday
School teacher, but I haven't been to his class because we go to the Gospel
Principles class with our investigators/recent converts. I'm sure they're great
though. Sister Tullis told us before she left that he wears multiple pins on
his suit jacket lapels, one of them being a mockingjay pin for Hunger Games. He
totally does! He was wearing like a full on tux yesterday with at least five
pins and the mockingjay was the biggest! Champ. He also brought a Big Gulp to
church. He's not very quiet--I don't think he's capable of whispering, and he
chose to open the overflow doors right during the bishops testimony yesterday.
Our ward is tiny, and the pews were barely half full. He still felt the need to
open the overflow which just made the chapel colder, and no one sat there. It's
okay though. Sister Karratti and I just laugh. Oh Donald... He's good
entertainment. :)
Dad: I hope your teeth start feeling better soon! One day
you might learn to go to the dentist before your mouth is falling apart...
Mom: Enjoy your last week in primary! It's so hard not to
pick up and hug the kids in the ward here. We have one family who loves us, and
I would love nothing more than to hold them on my lap, but all we are allowed
are high fives. Lame. At least you still have preschool! Let me know what your
new calling is.
Drew and Jack: Mom said you guys are studs and that all the
young men and leaders love you! I'm not surprised. Keep it up! How's school
going? Drew, are you in drivers ed yet? Jack, when does soccer start back up? I
expect to hear about all your goals.
Spencer: How are you?! You should send me a letter with some
of your artwork. I have a wall next to my desk that is a little bare... :)
Haley: I'M SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!! When you send me your
in-depth letter, will you include Jenna's address? I want to write her. Also,
tell Lyndsey I love her and good luck. I plan to respond to her letter today,
I'll probably just send it to the MTC though.
Okay. So that was longer than I expected... I love you all,
and think about you all the time!
Love,
Mal

No comments:
Post a Comment