Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Pictures Galore!

My companionship at the stockyards, lookin like tourists. Don't mind my white legs. It was not that cold and my companions and the member we were with, Kayla, kept asking me if I was freezing. Nope! I had been in Provo, where it was literally below freezing, like 4 days before that. I am sorry about all of the snow you guys have! We've been hearing things from people in the ward--some people just like to tell us anything they know about Utah, since they know we're both from there, and that is usually just the weather. Someone said that Salt Lake had been shut down? I had a hard time believing that...
 

This is Sister Tullis in the footie pajamas that her mom MADE and sent her for Christmas. I thought they were hilarious, especially since they have a flap! I made her model them for me just because I knew Haley would appreciate them. :)
 Me with a long horn. They're really soft, but SO BIG! So big.
 Me with Sister Polatis and Sister Kelly. They went to Romania! Holy cow am I grateful for Texas after hearing that, and the language they were speaking. Yeesh. I love English! They were in our MTC Branch and we loved them!
This is one of the many times with Elder Burkholz fell asleep during studies. He woke up when my camera flashed.
Dorky missionary pictures... We all have to take them
 The sun was always at the worst spot when we were at the temple taking pictures. You're welcome.
And, my cute companionship at the Provo temple. :)
 Brother Staley--we were the first district he ever taught, and he was awesome! It felt a little weird to be the same age as some of my teachers, but whatever.

Brother McClain! He's the one in the middle with the big glare on his glasses. He was the first teacher we had, and he's tied as my favorite. He's hilarious!
Brother Gruninger--the Canadian one. He really did say "eh" and I loved it!
My companionship with Brother Andersen. We tried multiple times to get pictures with him, and we saw him when we were walking down the hall one day so we stopped him. We had him at the same time as Brother McClain, and they were like polar opposites. Both great though. Sister Kelsey is the one with short dark hair, and Sister Thornton is in the middle.
  Brother Curtis! He's the other favorite. He is so smart! We had a lot of doctrinal discussions with him, and I now appreciate the endowment session more because of him. He's so tiny, and wore a cardigan every day.
 Brother Andersen again. We finally caught him when we were all together as a district. Elder Burkholz is the one making the scary face in the front. He hated being in pictures, so he just did stupid things when he had to be in them. I think he's actually half smiling in one of these pictures.

 These are the missionaries from my MTC district that came to Fort Worth! There's Elder Rosenkrantz (yes, like from Hamlet. He heard that joke a few times.), me, Sister Kelsey, Elder Boettcher, and then Sister Thornton, and Elder Wuttke. It was weird to go from seeing them all the time in the MTC, and then not seeing them at all. The first time I saw them since the first day here, was on Friday and the New Missionary follow up meeting. The other elders are in Philadelphia. 
With Elder Allgaier. He's famous on YouTube, in case Jackson didn't tell you. He has a couple wisdom teeth videos. I actually saw some of them and so he looked really familiar to me when we first met. It took a while, but then he mentioned the videos, and it kind of felt like I was now friends with a celebrity.
Elder Burkholz and Elder Pead. Elder Pead and I are not actually touching, but it's so awkward to just stand next to people in pictures and have nothing to do with you hands!
Just like EFY, with all the Elders.
The sisters and Elder Thomas. The district joke was that he is gonna be the prophet one day, so it wasn't uncommon to hear him called President Adam O. Thomas. He's awesome!


I don't have a lot of time, but this week has been good. It was kind of a weird week because we had zone training on Wednesday--our whole zone gets together and has like a mini MTC refresher. The zone leaders teach us good stuff, and we do role plays--then New missionary follow up meeting--I finally got to see my  MTC district again. It was so good to see my companions again, and laugh with the elders about funny things that have happened to them.--and then from Friday afternoon to Saturday afternoon I went on an exchange! We switched companions for 24 hours, and I got to go out to Stephenville. Apparently it's known as the cowboy capital of the world. I don't doubt it. It reminded me of a smaller version of Logan, so it felt good to be there. Tarleton State University is up there, so it's a little college town too. We went to a taco shop for dinner, had Belgian waffles for breakfast at the bishops house, and then a member took us to a chinese buffet for lunch. I was VERY well fed for those 24 hours! Haha, it was fun! I was with Sister Snow who just graduated from BYU in ELED, so we got to talk about that too which was fun. Other than that, we're just working hard! It's exhausting, but rewarding. Haley, get excited! :)




























No comments: