Family! Hello. This might be quick, but I do have some
things to tell you!
1) Dad, how did you end up as part of Haley's choir thing? I
need to hear more details about that. And I hope you can get a recording of the
performance to send to me too. I miss going to all of those performances.
2) Does Grandpa Jack have a brother named Gary? We had
dinner with a lady in our ward the other night, and her daughter-in-law is
Stephanie Goaslind. She told me that and I was shocked because I've never met any
Goaslind that I'm not related to. Apparently Gary is Stephanie's dad. Are we
related? They said she's from the Layton/Kaysville area.
3) I mowed my first lawn this week! It wasn't terrible, but
I'll let Drew and Jack keep those responsibilities. :) Dad, I don't think my
mowing job would have been up to your standards, but I can officially say I've
done that now.
4) Y'all (yep, there it is. I'm becoming Texan.) should go
watch the talk "Our Responsibility to Take the Gospel to the Ends of
the Earth." Especially Haley and Dad.
5) I've thought about Grandpa a lot this week. I realized
that this week has been two years since he passed away, which is obviously sad,
but then I just get to be grateful for his example. I used to get so annoyed
when every body knew him and would ask me about him--I didn't realize he was
such a big deal, I guess. Now I love it! I'm grateful for his legacy.
6) How's grandma doing? I haven't heard anything about her
lately. Any more broken bones? Tell her I love her!
The work here in Hewitt is picking up! We set a baptism date
with Nene last night! We committed her to be baptized on May 25th. She was so
happy while we were teaching her; we're really excited for her! Sister Mitchell
and I are feeling better about teaching together, and knowing how to keep
working towards our goals. We've had goals the whole time, but now we feel like
we know better how to achieve them. There will hopefully be continued good news
in the coming weeks.
One exciting thing this week: we have a mission conference
on Saturday that Elder Quentin L. Cook is speaking at! There is also a member
of the Presidency of the Seventy and two members of the Seventy coming. Not
only do we get to hear from all of them, but the whole mission will be there!
Which means I get to see all of my old companions (I'm only in my third
transfer and I've had 6 companions.) and friends from old districts and such.
I'm excited!
And, Mother's Day. Sister Mitchell is planning on calling
her family at about 6:15 your time. Can I call right after that, so about 7:00?
We get 40 minutes, and President Sagers has asked us to inform you of that. :)
Which phone should I call? Dad's? I'll be on a 254 number, just so you
know.
Okay. I love you all! I hope you're all enjoying warmer
weather. It's starting to get hot here... Yuck... but we'll keep working hard.
LOVE YOU!
Love, Sister Goaslind
Love, Sister Goaslind

No comments:
Post a Comment