Family!
It was good to hear all of your voices yesterday. You all
sound happy, so that was good. :)
Dad--We eat with members almost every night for dinner. Our
bishop really wants us to see the members on a regular basis, so dinners are
the best way to do that. There's even a lady in the ward whose calling is to
get us meals if our calendar doesn't get filled up at church. Yep. Somebody
takes us out probably... once a week, maybe? We ate at 2 or 3 restaurants
this past week, but that wasn't normal. The weirdest thing... I don't know. We
haven't had anything super weird. I've now had tilapia, salmon (with mango
salsa--way good!), beef stroganoff (not my favorite...), some sort of shrimp
soup, curry chicken (I loved that!) Last night we had steak and potatoes. We're
well fed here. :) I got a recipe in my last area for sweet and sour chicken
that was reallly good, and looks pretty easy to make. Is that what you're
looking for mom?
Haley, no. Haha President Sagers supposedly sent out an
email to let families know that the call was supposed to be only 40 minutes
tops and to delete the number after the call to get rid of that very
temptation. There have been multiple times when I thought, "I should just
text dad/mom/Haley and have them send me x, y, z." But alas, I've had to
resist. Curse my memory of phone numbers.
Drew, I think tracting here is pretty much like it would be
anywhere else. Definitely not my first choice of activities, but it's alright.
Haley, I'm excited to hear it goes for you. Pretty much everyone here believes
in God and the Bible so we can just relate to that. You'll have to let me know
if that happens for you in Washington. Are you two looking forward to that? :)
Jack, there is actually someone down the street from us a
little bit that have a ton of property. On that property they have random
exotic animals including zebras and reindeer. It's super random, but kind of
exciting to see a couple zebras in the middle of this country road. I've seen
cows, horses... we see little lizards outside our apartment almost every night?
But that's it.
Spencer, no armadillo. Did your research lead you to believe
that that is a common dish here in Wacko? I'm excited to read this report of
yours.
I think our phone call gave you a pretty good update of my
life here. I'll be sure and let you know how the beginnings of training goes
next week. It's pretty intimidating, but I'm excited at the same time.
I LOVE YOU ALL!
Love,
Sister Mal

No comments:
Post a Comment