Hola mi familia!
Thank you for all of the updates of this weekend. It was so
good to get to hear Haley sing, speak, and cry. :) She's ready, and I'm excited
for her!
Fun news on my end: Come Wednesday, Sister Bate and I
are becoming a trio. And guess what? It's another new missionary. Yep. I get to
double train. AND! Our area is being split and we're getting a set of bike
elders in our ward. This is the exact same thing that happened to us in Chapel
Creek, my first area, but this time I'm the trainer. It's kind of overwhelming
and definitely hubmbling, but I'm excited. I loved working with the elders in
our ward in Chapel Creek, so I'm especially excited for that part. Double
training? Still not sure how to handle that. But I guess Sister Bate isn't hard
enough to train--because she isn't--so I need to do two at a time on different
training schedules. I plan to write a quick letter to Sister Karratti today
about it and hopefully she'll get back to me with some tips. :)
The broadcast yesterday was awesome! I highly recommend
watching it. They have it online, along with a new section of lds.orgabout it. It's a big deal.
How often do you guys see the missionaries in our ward? I remember seeing them
a few times, but I know they cover multiple stakes in Utah so it's harder to get
to know them. How are you going to get to work with them?
This week we started officially teaching Joey! He is the
older brother of Carson, Christian, and Jordan that got baptized a few weeks
ago. He sat in on some of the lessons with the boys, but didn't participate
much. We asked him about baptism during their lessons and he wasn't sure. Our
focus at the time was on the other boys, so Joey just kind of laid low. We had
dinner with their family last Tuesday, and before we left Sister Bate asked
Joey when we could come teach him. I kind of expected him to brush it off and
tried to avoid setting it up, but he was happy to meet with us! We were so
excited! We went back the next day and taught Lesson 1 about prophets, the
Restoration, and the Book of Mormon. He said he's still not sure about baptism,
but he's been praying and can feel a difference, and said he was willing to
read from the Book of Mormon. We're meeting with him tomorrow, so
hopefully we'll continue to help him progress. Pray for him please! I honestly
don't remember much else about this week because of the transfer stuff we found
out about. I'm still learning and we're still working.
Thank you for all of your support and enthusiasm for me! I
love you all! Every body give Haley a big hug for me, and make sure Chad gets a
Cup o Sno for his birthday.
Love,
Sister Mal

No comments:
Post a Comment