Hello all!
Thank you for your emails boys! It's good to get everyone's
updates. Drew--what's up with the ARC's and NG's? Slacker. Way to go on your
golf game though! Are you gonna be the Jr. Professional on the Brighton team
now? Jack--CONGRATS on soccer! D2. Nice. How do you feel about leaving Blue
Knights? That's fun that you'll still get to be with Zach and Judson at least.
What's the rest of your team doing? You know how you always ask about animals
I've seen? Well, I have a new one this week. A vulture. They're so ugly! We
were driving down the road, a country road, but there was a black thing in the
middle. From far away we didn't think it was a bird because it was too big, but
then it didn't look like a cat or dog or anything like that. When we got up
closer, it scurried off the road. Definitely a vulture. And it was eating a
snake that had been run over. Pretty gross. But something new! Spencer--your
little trip with the Beckstrands sounds like fun! But how many times did you
mention falling in your email? Like 10? Are you okay?! I hope you had a helmet
over that buzz cut. :)
We had another baptism this weekend! Carson, is the 9-year
old, and Christian and Jordan are twin 8-year olds. They were all so happy and
excited! We made them each little bookmarks--out of a pass along card--and gave
them each a CTR ring. Thank you for those mom! They thought those were awesome!
Last week I told you that Sister Bate and I were going to
have to start over with our teaching pool? Well, we do have a couple people
that we're working with, one of which we found this week, but then we just got
handed one today! A lady in our ward called us this morning. She said her
daughter, Rebekah, has a friend, named Josh, that is ready to talk with us! He
had met with the missionaries once or twice a few months ago but wasn't ready
to commit. But, Rebekah just found out that he's ready now! They really like
each other, I guess, so they're might be some other motives, but it sounds like
he's been thinking about this for a while, so it seems pretty promising. Plus,
we'll get to teach him in Rebekah's home and he has some built in fellowship
there. So that will make it even better! We're pretty excited for that.
Cool fact about Sister Bate: she also has a Cheetah Snuggie.
I felt a special bond with her when I found out we were Snuggie twins haha.
I love you all! Thank you for the support and prayers;
you're in mine too.
Love,
Sister Mal
2) Sister Bate and I with the boys on Saturday. I
thought my hair was gonna be greasy and flat at 7:00 p.m.--it was hot and
humid on Saturday!--but it just looks like big Texas hair in this picture.
I now understand why Texans have such big hair--there's nothing they can do
about it!
3) The Robert family, including their grandpa who baptized
them.


No comments:
Post a Comment