Wednesday, June 5, 2013

First Baptism + Pictures

Hello family!
I'm sorry that you had to wait an extra day for my email, but with yesterday being Memorial day, the libraries were closed.

Good news from Waco: SARA GOT BAPTIZED!! It was so exciting! I still get giddy inside when I think about it. Since it was the first baptism for both Sister Bate and I, we just kind of had to hope we had done everything we needed to. We got it all figured out and luckily the bishop is very proactive and involved with what we're doing. So he helped out a lot! Everything ran smoothly. Our pianist was running late because of car troubles, but she got there just in the nick of time. Sara did have to be baptized twice, which she was a little embarrassed about, but nobody else cared and everything worked out. She and her husband weren't vocally excited, but they were both extremely happy! We're teaching the Robert boys, who are getting baptized this Saturday, and their dad is best friends with Sara's husband, so they were all there too. There are three of them getting baptized (8 year old twins and a 9 year old) and after Sara's baptism they told us they are 100, 1,000, and 1,000,000% excited! We're pretty excited for em too. :) We're really hoping that because their families are so close and they're coming back to the church at the same time, that they'll encourage and keep each other coming. (Sara's husband hasn't been active for a while, and the Roberts are converts of about 4 years that just started coming back to church about 2 months ago.) They all went out to dinner together after the baptism, and they invited Sister Bate and I. It was fun to go be with them, and even though they won't say it, that they have appreciated what we're doing for their families. It's a good feeling. :) We're getting everything ready for the Robert baptism now. I guess I've taken for granted living in Utah. We are having a hard time finding three kids baptism suits. I guess I just assumed those came with the building. We'll make it all work though.

It's going to be a lot different next week; Sister Bate and I are almost going to have to start over after our investigators have all been baptized. We have a few other people that we'll keep working with, but we've been focusing a lot on Sara and the Roberts and now they'll be baptized! We'll still go visit them every once in a while, but they won't be our focus anymore. We'll have to find others. That's not bad, not bad at all, but it will just be a lot of different work. Pray that we'll find some people who are ready for this message!

Boys, in my personal study for the past couple days I've been reading the war chapters in Alma. Honestly, that's always been the hardest part for me to read and it's usually what slows me down. But this time, I've loved it! Yesterday and today I read the story of the 2,000 stripling warriors; they're awesome! You should ready Alma 53:20-21. I thought of you guys when I read it. :)

I love you all! Thank you for your prayers.
Love,

Sister Goaslind

1) Sister Mitchell and I--my last companion. This was on Mother's day which was three days before the end of the transfer and the only picture we have together. Fail.


2) Sister Karratti's posterity--I'm between Sister Bate, my current companion/trainee, and Sister Karratti, my trainer. So Sister Karratti trained two of us in the picture, and then the rest are our trainee's and trainee's trainees. If that makes sense?

                                                3) Sister Bate and I with Sara at her baptism!


4) Sara's family on Sunday after her confirmation! Kayla, the baby, is ALWAYS happy. We love them a lot.


No comments: