Monday, June 20, 2011

Cinco de... Post-o?

Picture of your favorite memory.

I'm sorry, but who can honestly pick ONE favorite memory?!
Especially for those of us single, childless people.
Psh. Not me! That's for sure.

Instead, I've picked some favorites (people, groups, places, etc.) that have led to many a great memory!

Family

You can tell from my arms in this picture, that I'm a dancer.
This picture was taken on Newport Beach in July 2008 with my mom's side of the family. We're headed back to Anaheim this summer with them and I can't wait! We're always guaranteed a good time with all the uncles together and younger cousins to play with.

I do, in fact, like my dad's side of the family. We just don't really have any pictures together. At least not that I have access to on my computer. I have nothing against them. I promise!

Sisters
Yes, plural.
Just because Jenna's not legally or blood related, doesn't make her any less of a sister.
These two are always good times!



Junior High
Yeah, I enjoyed it. Sorry all you cranky, awkward, puberty demons: you weren't strong enough to stop my fun!

This is my favorite shot from an impromptu photo shoot I had with some of my best friends in junior high.
Note: Elise is wearing her favorite shirt.

Dance Company! Those were the glory days. I still refer to Dance Company as if it has any relevance or qualifies my opinion. I'm oh-so-glad I tried out!

The infamous hair fight! Completely spur of the moment and was only the beginning of a great day with these two.
The two girls in the above picture are Elise and Sami. We were best friends for those three years! Elise and Sami had been friends since elementary school, and were kind enough to let me join in on their fun. We eventually called ourselves "Smalise Booslind"--a combination of all three of our names. We had a journal that we passed around and wrote to each other in. We had matching watches, but in different colors. (The significance of watches over bracelets? I don't know.) We had mother-daughter lunches at Training Table over Christmas break where we exchanged gifts. We also auditioned each other for different "parts" in our friendship. I was Smarty Pants because I remembered random trivia from Spanish class. Elise was easily dubbed the creative one--everything she did was perfectly crazy and entertaining, including a one man production of The Nutcracker in TLC class. Sami was named Beauty Queen by... default? I think? Not that she's not beautiful, but it ended up being the left over title.
We also had many great times with many other friends!


High School
This includes many a friend, football, soccer, and basketball games, plays and play practice, school dances, choir/choir tour, and lots of good fun on weekends.


This caption combines the last two topics:
Haley and I asked brothers to Sweethearts and went in the same group to the dance.
Young Women's and church activities


Top row: Youth Conference at Raging Waters; Melissa and I in our Newsies get up from the Draper Temple Celebration
Bottom: Girl's Camp 2008-Special Ops!; EFY 2007 at BYU-Idaho
We all complained, but be honest, you know you enjoyed those things!

And, last but not least,

Roommates and College life


Row 1: Jess' wedding; C1 roommates; Formal Dance party!; Richard Simmons workout with Brin and Ariel; Aggies bball
Row 2: C1 intro; Face masks; Teletubbies performance; 80's dance; Apollo Ohno Day
Row 3: Rich 301 roomies at temple square; dressing up with Rachy; Jello slurping night; C1 roomies photo shoot; Rich 301 photo op at Logan temple
I enjoy my life too much to pick one favorite memory.
Sue me.

1 comment:

Jenna said...

Mal, you're freaking hilarious. i love your post. i'm reading your blog from now on.