Friday, June 17, 2011

Uno, dos, tres... Attro (Kid History style!)

A picture of my favorite night

This one is hard... When I've done things like acting out the Teletubbies theme song with my roommates, been part in organizing a formal dance party, thrown paint, and spent a night upside down with a fire truck sticker on my forehead, it's hard to decide. 
But I did indeed pick just one!

September 29, 2010

The night I was the guest of honor...

At a SURPRISE BIRTHDAY PARTY!


I know how hard it is to pull off a surprise party. I organized one for Melissa's 18th, but it was no where near as epic as this one! I'm really impressed that the 5 girls I lived with were able to keep it a secret. I didn't live with Melissa and I had a hard time not mentioning it. I had a feeling they were planning something from some comments I wasn't supposed to hear from downstairs... But I definitely was not expecting it that night!
I was at Phil's just hanging out after working on a group project across the street from his apartment. We had been at Phil's apartment earlier so I went back to get my stuff. I had left chicken marinating in his fridge and I wanted to grill it and take it home to share with my roommates. When I got to Phil's I just sat with him on the couch watching T.V. for a good long while before I actually went out to grill. Around 9:15 Taylor texted me asking for some help with her photography assignment. She told me it was due at 10 so I wasn't in too much of a rush to get there. 
I finally got back to my apartment to drop off my stuff around 9:45. Everything was dark. 
Odd.
 My roommates all said they were gonna be busy that night, but I figured they would have been home by then. I left everything out on the table and counter, including the chicken, when I left to go help Taylor. She had told me before to just walk in and come up to her room. When I got to their apartment it was dark as well. It didn't seem as strange, because Taylor and her roommates tended to be upstairs whenever I came over.
Then I saw a shadow on the couch.
It freaked me out for a second.
Then I realized what was going on and on came the lights!
At least 20 people were crammed in the living room of Old Farm B1, for me?
Woah.
*Disclaimer: Seeing as this was only a month into school, we really didn't know that many people. I did recognize most of the faces in that room... But I didn't necessarily KNOW them. That's where Ariel comes in: We love our social butterfly who can make anything fun! :) 
There was much jubilation that night! A very festive apartment with lots of purple decor, a towering purple funfetti cake, a rainbow pinata, and presents! (Including a Golden Ticket for my very own copy of Beauty and the Beast when it was "Released from the vault" the following week.)

The festivities!
 My favorite part of the party? 
The fact that everyone waited for me for FORTY-FIVE MINUTES!
Yes, I was just oblivious enough and that in love with BBQ chicken to make 20 people wait for me!

Learning of  that fact ever so gently from Ariel... :)
I'm loved. By roommates and some strangers, apparently!
I was only okay with that BECAUSE it was for my birthday.

Thanks again everyone! I loved this night!

C1 Girls!


No comments: